Low and Middle Income Early Career Asia/Asia-Pacific Country Scholarship
Deadline 30th July 2017
ANZMAC is providing a scholarship to support attendance at the ANZMAC conference by an academic or PhD student based in a low or middle income country within Asia and the Asia Pacific region. The Scholarship recipient will receive free registration to the conference (and doctoral colloquium if the award winner is a student) and up to $AUD 2,000 reimbursement for travel, accommodation, visa costs and ancillary expenses.
Individuals must submit their application prior to outcomes of the conference review process being finalised. All applications will be assessed, but only those who have had their paper accepted will be eligible to receive funding.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
a) Be working full time and have completed their Ph.D. within the last 5 years and based in a Low and Middle Income Asian/Asian Pacific country or be a full time PhD student in a Low and Middle Income Asian/Asian Pacific country;
b) Have submitted a competitive paper for one of the ANZMAC conference tracks or the Doctoral Colloquium*;
c) Have had limited international conference exposure.
d) Have not received this scholarship previously.
e) There can only be one application for a given University.
The written application should include:
1) A statement explaining how ANZMAC Conference/Doctorial Colloquium attendance will assist professional development for the applicant (500 words max.);
2) A proposed budget of the expenses associated with the applicant’s conference attendance;
3) A letter of support from the applicant’s institution;
4) An abbreviated CV, listing the applicant’s employment history (i.e., names and dates of employers); University-level educational history; full bibliographic citation of any publications and conference papers; and list of conferences previously attended.
* Please note, submission deadline for the ANZMAC Conference is 30 June 2017. The submission deadline for the Doctoral Colloquium is 1 August 2017.
A sub-committee will be established by the ANZMAC Executive Committee to assess applications based on merit and need. Applications should be submitted to the ANZMAC secretariat by 30th July 2017:
Applicants will be notified regarding the outcome of the evaluation by the end of August 2017.
The recipient will be reimbursed up to a maximum of $AUD 2000 for travel, accommodation, visa costs, and ancillary expenses associated with their attendance at the ANZMAC conference. The recipient will need to supply appropriate receipts of expenses to the committee. Receipts need to be supplied to the ANZMAC secretariat within 60 days after the conference.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a short report on their experience to the ANZMAC secretariat. This report will be posted on the ANZMAC website.